From the Editor
" A Natural Way " and Other Wholistic Events
I am delighted to see that we at NHM are not the only ones going to mammoth efforts to organize a wholistic event. This spring will bring the second year for two such wholistic events in the USA , and if there are others springing up, we would love to know about them so we can help spread the word.
Our 2nd annual "A Natural Way" will be held again in Shartlesville, PA, April 23-25, rain or shine (it's indoors), for the benefit of rescue horses and all horses. Another Chance 4 Horses and Kathy George Animal Communication, teamed with Natural Horse Magazine, will host a spectacular Friday night demo by Dan Sumerel , and two great days of information-packed presentations and live demonstrations, including more from Dan, on Saturday and Sunday. Carol Brett of BALANCE Organisation is presenting, coming all the way from the UK . Again, Rich Miller has very generously donated his Mountain Springs Arena and Resort center, off PA Rt. 78, for the weekend. All presenters, planners, and volunteers are graciously donating their time and efforts for the benefit of horses, no matter what level or area of equine expertise.
- See www.anotherchance4horses.com or call 800-660-8923 or 610-488-1426 for tickets. Tickets are available in advance - $5 per person per day. At the door tickets will be $10 per person per day. Children under 10 FREE - tell your 4H and Pony Club members!! All proceeds go to Another Chance 4 Horses Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Placement.
- See Natural Horse , Volume 5 Issue 3, "Thanks for Attending ' A Natural Way '" for a summary of last year's event. See back inside cover and Special Features in this issue for the list of 2004 presenters to date, booth and program advertising info, and more.
- See www.mountainspringscampground.com - Lodging is available on site, adjoining the center (map of grounds is available on website). It's only 5 miles from the new Cabela's in Hamburg . Phone for reservations is 610-488-6859.
- The 2nd annual "Holistic Horse" (and Holistic Dog this year too) will be Sunday May 2 at Colorado Horse Rescue's facility in Longmont, CO. See www.chr.org/events.html or call 720-494-1414, e-mail: email@example.com.
- In Alberta, Canada, plans are underway for a wholistic therapy gathering April 16, 17, &18 at Ponoka Kinsmen Center. Contact Julie MacKinnon, firstname.lastname@example.org , 780-388-2400 or 780-621-0765.
- We are awaiting information on another wholistic event in Virginia ... check our website Events Calendar for updates, www.naturalhorse.com.
- If you are planning a wholistic event, please post it on our website's do-it-yourself Calendar of Events at www.naturalhorse.com (click on Events Calendar), or mail us the information.
Please attend these events, and show your support for horses - naturally!