Volume 16 Issue 4
This beautiful fall shot was taken at the Peterson Ranch in Wyoming when the ranch horses needed to be moved out of an upper pasture.
Photo by Tamara Gooch
Barn Cat Control: New Solutions for an Old Problem
by Jennie Kramer
Local governments, regional animal control agencies, non-profits, and academic institutions around the world are working tirelessly to develop and provide effective, humane, and economical solutions to land managers wishing to address feline overpopulation on their property. Read why euthanasia is NOT the answer.
Winter Considerations to Keep Your Horse Healthy
by Lisa Ross-Williams
Just as the high heat and humidity of summer present challenges, winter also requires some strategic thinking and planning. By keeping these seven basic tips in mind, winter can be a wonderland - rather than worrisome.
Slow Feed Savvy
by Monique Warren
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are meals consumed by humans but are not natural for a horse - equines are grazing herbivores with a digestive system designed for constant uptake. If your equine does not have access to forage 24/7, consider implementing a slow-feeding program so you can have a healthier, more content herd.
Equine Reiki: Peaceful Healing for You and Your Horse
by Kathleen Prasad
While we often hear about the surface practices of Reiki as a "hands-on healing" modality for helping our horses heal bumps and bruises, the deeper teachings of Reiki are about healing of the spirit. Reiki helps us meet our horses' healing challenges with grace and surrender, while we learn to listen to and be present for them in a compassionate space - the Reiki space.
Articles In this Issue:
- Slow Feed Savvy - by Monique Warren
- Winter Considerations to Keep Your Horse Healthy - by Lisa Ross-Williams
- Barn Cat Control: New Solutions for an Old Problem - by Jennie Kramer
- Equine Reiki: Peaceful Healing for You and Your Horse - by Kathleen Prasad
- The Healing Heat: Using Moxa with Your Horse - by Susan Tenney, CMT
- Essential Oils 101 - by Nayana Morag
- Homeopathic Treatment for Bites of Poisonous Animals - by Charlotte Raby
- Echinacea and Lachesis - by Charlotte Raby
- The Power of Possible - by Meg Harrison
- Influence of a Rider's Breath - by James Shaw
- The Use of Western Herbs for Horses - by Katharine Lark Chrisley
- Back To Basics Equine Awareness with Diane Sept - by Dutch Henry
- Healthy Hooves, the Natural Way- by Kenny Williams
- Holistic Modalities 101 - by Lisa Ross-Williams
- Picture Perfect Equine Photography: A Professional Tells You How - by Tamara Gooch
- Ride Like Roy - by Harold Roy Miller
- Natural Boarding Challenges
- Anise - by Katharine Lark Chrisley, NHC, RMT, Equine Specialist
- Animal Communication: The Telepathic Connection - by Penelope Smith
- Healing with Horses - A Look at Equine-Assisted Activities and Therapies - by Diana Gogan
- Navajo Orphaned Foals Arrive at Equine Voices Rescue & Sanctuary - by Tom O'Neil
- Harnessing the Power of Human Design - by David Ackerman, DC
- Equine Acupressure: 1,000s of Years of Healing - by Amy Snow & Nancy Zidonis
- Divorce? But Wait... Who Gets the Pets? - by Charla Bradshaw
On the cover:
This beautiful fall
shot was taken at the Peterson Ranch in Wyoming when the ranch horses needed to be moved out of an upper pasture.
Photo by Tamara Gooch